Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Leaving

This morning, the bags were all packed,



then the car was packed, the dogs were ready, and Sarah and Winnie left for North Carolina. And I am sad. The house is too quiet, my world is too small. Christmas, which I so love, is over for another year.




My house is happy, though, because Sarah left behind a lovely blue bathroom,




a front yard without the old, cheap, and yes, ugly bushes, ready for changes come spring,





and a new rod in the dining room for hanging quilts.



Our family had the nicest Christmas, and the best adventures, more pictures to come. Family dinners, a trip to IKEA, Duke Train Display, skating, carriage ride, Krohn Conservatory, Findlay Market, the Muppet Movie, vintage shopping. Not to mention Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with all the kid exuberance.



All things to be remembered and celebrated, but this afternoon I am sad. Maybe, I should have packed up and gone to the sewing group I like so much, but my energy is low. Maybe a trip to the library later.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep - still sad. But we did have fun.
Sarah