Monday, June 13, 2011

Red Quilt

The quilt from Melody's February challenge is finished, I'm probably the last one done, just like last year. This year's challenge was to make the quilt you've always wanted. I've always, always wanted a really scrappy quilt, and that's what I have. Each block is about 9" square and there are 6 blocks x 8 blocks. I've hung it at church for the summer, then it will live in my dining room.


Nora stayed with me Saturday night and she went to church with me before the service on Sunday so I could do a couple of tasks. After the service I took down the "water" wall hanging that had been up since Easter and we put up the new one.



Nora and I were discussing lunch options on the way back to her house - what she liked, what I liked. We both agreed on IHOP. It was enjoyable to watch her in the only child role since Aaron was visiting Aunt Tina. She drew a couple of nice things with her crayons and said once again that she wants to be an artist. She said she knows she can do it. I hope she always feels that way.





No comments: