Thursday, April 22, 2010

Litttle Apron


Maybe because I have a retro kitchen, I enjoyed making this little apron. I needed to make something with bias binding, and I like making my own bias tape. Very simple, and it matches and doesn't have that hard texture that purchased bias tape has. The foot I used to put it on was wonderful.
Last night I got to spend some time with Nora and Aaron and watch them playing with their two neighbor kids across the street. Aaron loves to run and at 2 1/2 does it well, with his feet skimming over the ground and not bothered by changes in terrain. He ran and ran. Mike's always said Aaron would be a wide receiver and it could be true.
The ice cream truck came along and all the kids got some. For the three boys, their ice cream hit the sidewalk fairly quickly and they went on with their play. Nora was very patient with her snow cone, sitting on her scooter and enjoying the taste and watching the colors blend together.
I have no pictures because I forgot to take my camera when I went to work in the morning. My little cameras don't seem to have a long life and I noticed in the instructions that it says to not keep them in a pocket and to avoid rocking motions (sounds like walking to me.) I got a nice little bag with a neck strap but find that I don't carry it with me. I'm not sure a longer life with fewer pictures is better.

No comments: