Thursday, March 19, 2020

Advent Calendar


This is the finished Advent Calendar, made from a panel.  Sarah and Winnie spotted it in the window of a local quilt shop but the shop was out of panels.  I ordered one on Amazon, which I'm sure you can't do now.  It was an easy, fun project.  Merriment by Gingiber.

All week I've looked forward to picking up my grocery order today but woke up this morning wondering why I hadn't received a text about the order.  Turned out I hadn't clicked the very last box on the order and my cart was still full.  I clicked on the button and have a new time on Saturday morning.

It's not a big deal, I was just looking forward to going out the door and down the street and also to be ready for the week ahead.  The only thing I'm out of is bread, and that's a good excuse to bake rolls this afternoon.  There is a nice recipe in More with Less that uses cottage cheese, and I need to use mine up.  

News from the grands' attic:  they are using it for trombone lessons.  Yesterday's life lesson was learning to rotate tires.  The day before, they learned to change oil in the car.

I was scheduled to have cataract surgery with a glaucoma stent next week, but that's been rescheduled for mid-May.  And my wellness exam, for July.  I wonder how things will look by then.

No comments: