Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Summer Quilt Challenge

This challenge was actually due on the first day of fall, but on this 10th day of October, the iron is still hot from pressing down the binding.

This summer the grands spent two days a week with me and we went lots of places.  Aaron has chubby little feet and shoes feel confining to him.  So, all summer, I followed these brown and orange flip flops, or a pair of blue ones, everywhere. 

There is even a sub-story:  on the way to Asheville, we stopped in Knoxville and when he got back in the car, his blue flip flop fell out.  It was a long way down the road before we realized that it was missing.  His mom got this pair in Asheville, and he loved them, but we stopped at the same spot in Knoxville on the way home, just to see . . . and his blue flip flop was sitting on the curb.  So then there were two pairs, and each one walked for miles during the summer.

Monday I was looking for a particular little quilt and I came across some blocks with pumpkins that I started long ago and set aside.  They will be the basis for my autumn quilt, so hopefully I can get that one finished in a timely fashion, all the more so because the due date on first day of winter is right before Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love those flip flops! I know those feet.
Sarah