Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Seam Ripper

Like most sewers, I'm not exactly a fan of the seam ripper but it's a very handy tool and I use it day after day.  I've always used the kind with the little hook shape on the end and considered the seam ripper like the one above to be potential trouble, as in accidentally slitting the fabric.  Now that I'm doing some alterations, though, I've given it a chance and find that it's pretty darn amazing.  Still potential trouble, of course, but pretty darn amazing.  

I'd recommend using it with glasses because I can see the possibility of a poke in the eye when a stubborn seam lets go, but I always wear glasses anyway.  Monday, when notions were half off at my favorite fabric stores, I bought a second one to keep with my second sewing machine, I like it that much.

And now, an equal time picture for Aaron, whose first day of preschool at Garden Montesorri was today.  You'll notice that his expression is happier and more excited than Nora's was yesterday.

Last night I took the grands to dinner at Frisch's and here's the conversation with Nora.

Me:  What was the best thing about your day today?  Nora:  I can't tell you, it was all great.

And later, Me:  Sounds like your day at school was pretty good.  Nora:  Yes, I thought it was going to be boring, but it was the best thing that's ever happened to me.

No comments: