Sunday, June 3, 2012

Stairway


Instead of going to church this morning - well, actually I did plan to go to church, but the project took longer than I anticipated, no surprise there - I removed the yucky 50-year-old gray runner from the stairs going to the second floor.
  

I knew there were oak treads under the carpet, but they were even nicer than I thought.  They will take just a minimum of sanding and patching. 

I am so grateful to the internet for (1) telling me how to do these things, and (2) making it sound easy so I'll actually try it.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

My daughter owned her first house for approximately one hour before she began ripping out what looked to her parents like almost new, high quality carpeting from the living room and dining room. It took her an entire weekend and the hauling of carpet was the hardest part (she said).

Several YEARS later she removed the carpet from the hall and two bedrooms. Her floors were also pretty darn nice under all that carpet and padding. She has never had the cash to have them sanded and refinished (yet) but she is happy she did the work.

Your stairs look amazing. If you had a large vegetable garden (not raised beds) I would tell you to cut strips to use as paths. Carpet side down. No weeds.N