Monday, May 14, 2012

Not Going to the Show


Even though some beading made a very big difference, this morning I decided that my Maps quilt is not going to my guild's show in July.  I like it much better now, but I don't like it so much that I'll want to think about it hanging there.  It's staying home, in a trunk under the bed.  And maybe one day, I'll pull it out and make a few more changes, or not, and decide that I like it.  Maybe not too.

So now, I don't have to dash around today and get it registered online and get the right kind of hanging strip and sew on a different sleeve.  I can do other things.  My mental inventory tells me that for the next few weeks there will be less sewing and more other things.  That's ok.  I'm feeling pretty darn burned out at the sewing machine anyway.  Too much energy out, not enough energy in.  Can you hear that braking?  That's me, about to go in a different direction for now.  More exercise, more home repairs, more cleaning.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

You may take after me (LOL) and not be a big fan of the 12 by 20 size. Your map piece might be better off as a 12 by 16 or even just a 12 by 12. Those sizes are more visually appealing to the EYE. Not being chosen (12 by 20) to match up to some "cute" date idea (2012).

I hate working in that size. I, too, have much to do in repairs, indoor house painting and garden work. Yesterday I began moving the abundance of free seeding violets (violas) to other places which aren't meant to be the vegetable beds. I now have them in the shed window boxes and in the fronts of the wood and pine bed. I also filled a container with them. Filled(packed) with them. Still seems like I have the same amount in the veg garden. OMG